Monday, November 11, 2013

Back to the airport.

Early call this morning, pickup at 7.15. A quick prayer to the weather gods.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Fuck a Doodle Doo

We're back in the hotel...on standby...till this afternoon.
At least we got as far as the departure lounge and it is snowing now in Punta so it has a sort of Antartctic feel.

We're off!

Lightening out of a clear blue sky! looked like there was no flight window until Sunday at the earliest then at breakfast...Bam! pickup un half an hour. Barring a last minute turnaround my next post will be from Union Glacier.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

On hold, day 10

That's 10 days waiting in Punta, getting used to going nowhere now.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Standing by.

Things are looking better today, the weather is likely to clear this afternoon so we're on 2 hourly rather then daily updates, this afternoon is looking likely for flying.

Punta's a decent place but I'll be glad to see the back of it and get to the ice.

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Weather window?

Early call this morning, 6.30...yawn. There's a chance of a tiny weather window between yesterdays 60 knot gale and the next few days cloud and heavy snow, the runway's clear, fingers crossed.